Fwd: Performance issue

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 9:26 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi George-Cristian,
> On IRC you mentioned you found a solution.  Any updates?  Are you still
> seeing the performance problem?

It wasn't a solution, I just thought I knew why. I was thinking the
73Mbps were coming in at 188 bytes per packet, which would've been too
many packets for the machine to handle, probably. Turns out, the
stream is coming in at 1358 bytes, which means I'm back to square one.

Also, I just got in to work, and will try to write my own program to
read the stream. The actual workload that these VMs will have to do is
actually not as simple as just decoding the stream, they have to
transcode them, but I don't have access to the source to see exactly
what it's doing (same withe tsreader, but at least that's not
something in house for our customer.)

--
George-Cristian Bîrzan