Chat about Snabb Switch at KVM Summit this week?

Hello all,

I would like to introduce my new project and see if there are people
on this list who would like to meet up at KVM Summit this week and
give me some feedback.

I have a new project called Snabb Switch and it's an open source
ethernet switch for hypervisors. I'm aiming for a specific point in
the design space: firmware-style code, tight integration with
hypervisors and NICs, minimal interaction with the host kernel. Like
the Linux bridge or Open vSwitch but running in user-space and
nevertheless aims to be the most efficient.

I'm extremely interested in getting a complete mental model of KVM
networking, and especially to understand all the overhead associated
with shipping data from one VM to another. The copies between
userspace, kernel space, hypervisor, and so on.

I have made some babysteps in KVM hacking with an experiment to
backend ethernet ports with shared memory (via mmap() and /dev/shm on
the host). I don't know yet how far this is away from a sensible
solution. https://github.com/SnabbCo/QEMU/compare/master...shm

If you know about this stuff then I would love to chat with you in
Barcelona so please contact me off-list. My project url is
http://www.github.com/SnabbCo/snabbswitch and I'll be wearing a
t-shirt with the Snabb Tiger logo on it :-).

Hope to meet some of you in the next few days :)
-Luke