Can we run guest OS without using NAT and iptables?

 Can we run guest o.s. on KVM without enabling NAT and iptables?

    The reason to do this is , I wanted to disable conntrack module
from my system and to disable that I must have to delete iptable and
NAT.

     I am getting the following message, when I start guest o.s. on
KVM (iptable and NAT disabled):

        Error starting domain: internal error 'Network default' is not active.

     Is their any way to run guest o.s. with NAT disabled? or Is their
any way to disable conntrack module and still can use KVM to run guest
OS ?

   I am using Ubuntu 10.04

    Any help?