Re: KVM on NFS

MySQl might not run good locally on the disk in the VM. It is actually not a good idea to run it on nfs filesystem. The startup should not be a problem. Once the data grows up, it will become the problem to you. Try to cache as much as possible that would be helping you out from lots of problems.

------------
Banyan He
Blog: http://www.rootong.com
Email: banyan@xxxxxxxxxxx

On 2012-10-17 6:46 PM, Avi Kivity wrote:
On 10/17/2012 11:20 AM, Andrew Holway wrote:
Hello,

I am testing KVM on an Oracle NFS box that I have.

Does the list have any advice on best practice? I remember reading that there is stuff you can do with I/O schedulers and stuff to make it more efficient.

My VMs will primarily be running mysql databases. I am currently using o_direct.

O_DIRECT is good.  I/O schedulers don't affect NFS so no need to tune
anything on the host.  You might experiment with switching to the
deadline scheduler in the guest.