[Question] Live migration -> normal process migration

Hi

I have a question to you guys. Is it possible to use code from live
migration of KVM VMs to migrate other process?

I wish to create a tool to convert systems on physical servers to KVM
virtual machines. I wish to make some tests/experiments with this part of
the code to migrate working system to newly created VMs in running state.

My goal is to create something similar to VMWare Converter but this one will
be opensource :). I am at the begining of this project. I'm reading parts of
the kernel code. But only thosse that could be usefull in this hard task.

Greg.