kvm: /build/buildd/qemu-kvm-1.2.0+noroms/exec.c:2255: register_subpage: Assertion `existing->mr->subpage || existing->mr == &io_mem_unassigned' failed.
maybe you know what this is about.

thanks again for your patience and help ;)

Am 28.09.2012 10:12, schrieb Jan Kiszka:
On 2012-09-27 21:18, Alex Williamson wrote:
On Thu, 2012-09-27 at 20:43 +0200, Martin Wolf wrote:
thank you for the information.

i will try what you mentioned...
do you have some additional information about rebooting a VM with a
passed through videocard?
(amd / ati 7870)
I don't.  Is the bsod on reboot only or does it also happen on shutdown?
There's a slim chance it could be traced by enabling debug in the
pci-assign driver and analyzing what the guest driver is trying to do.
I'm hoping that q35 chipset support might resolve some issues with vga
assignment as it exposes a topology that looks a bit more like one that
a driver would expect on physical hardware.  Thanks,
 From our attempts to get more working than what NVIDIA Quadro cards
support officially, my own experiments with q35 in this context and our
discussions with NVIDIA, I'm pretty skeptical that this chipset will
make a difference here. Most problems are due to those non-standard side
channels to configure the hardware, memory mappings etc. And getting
this working requires either cooperation of the vendor or *a lot* of
reverse engineering.

Jan

--
Adiumentum GmbH