Ubuntu 12.04 (kvm host) Centos6.3 (guest) , rebooting from inside centos6.3 VM - gets stuck on seabios/grub loop - previous kernels fine - occurs on multiple servers

I have a really annoying bug, I can reproduce often (although it is a
bit random).

I have an Ubuntu 12.04 KVM server , using Centos 6 guests -  when I
install the latest kernel for centos 6.3 -2.6.32-279.1.1.el6 - if you
reboot from inside a Centos6 vm it gets stuck in a loop between
seabios/grub - this does't happen 100% of the time - there is a high
chance it will though - usually after 3 reboots it will get stuck in
the loop - it will NEVER reboot without manual intervention (virsh
destroy..)
It seem to fail at the kernel initialise stage - if I use vga=normal I
can see the words 'Probing EEID...' for a sec (then it reboots)

If i use virsh/virt-manager to reboot its fine, only from inside a
centos6 vm (with latest centos kernel) does this occur

As a test I installed centos 6.2 - this was 100% fine *until* I did a
yum update then I got the same issue.

Ubuntu 10.04 KVM host / Centos 6.3 (guest) is fine  - so i'm unsure
where the fault is. Likewize a Centos 6.3 kvm host and centos 6.3
guest is also fine...

I have installed a 2nd Ubuntu 12.04 KVM server and the exact same
thing occurs (i.e 2 different servers = same issue)

How can I troubleshoot this ? I already have already enabled the boot
(options 'console=ttyS0' (which I can access vm's using virsh console
id) however this gives no output (as it crashes when initialising the
kernel)

I have also tried installing the latest qemu-kvm (1.1) from source on
the Ubuntu 12.04 kvm server, the same thing occurs .

I have reported bugs @ Ubuntu and Centos (only Ubuntu have bothered to respond)

https://bugs.launchpad.net/centos/+bug/1025188
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=5841

There is a vid showing the issue here

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/110374291/out.ogv

(you can't see the boot msgs as I am using console=ttyS0 on the boot options)

Any info, help, hints at where to look next would be useful

Regards