Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for Tuesday, June 19th

On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 02:02:24 +0100
"Vinod, Chegu" <chegu_vinod@xxxxxx> wrote:

> There have been some recent fixes (from Juan) that are supposed to honor the user requested downtime. I am in the middle of redoing some of my experiments...and will share when they are ready (in about 3-4 days).  Initial observations are that the time take for the total migration considerably increases but there are no observed stalls or ping timeouts etc. Will know more after I finish my experiments (i.e. the non-XBZRLE ones).
>
> As expected the 10G [back -to-back] connection is not really getting saturated with the migration traffic... so the there is some other layer that is consuming time (possibly the overhead of  tracking dirty pages).
>
> I haven't yet  had the time to try to quantify the performance degradation on the workload during the live migration (stage 2)... need to look at that next.

I recommend you to try the latest kvm.git next branch as well since
it now has Xiao's fast(lock-less) page fault handling work.

Although I am still testing that branch, it seems working well here.

Thanks,
	Takuya