FreeBSD guest ICMP packet loss

Hi,

We have been running KVM for a few months with both Linux and FreeBSD guests. We've noticed that on the FreeBSD guests we see packet loss when pinging to or from any IP outside of the KVM host (we have no issues with Linux guests). The KVM server is Ubuntu 12.04 (I just updated it as we were seeing the prob on 11 too) and we are running FreeBSD amd64 9.0(-p3). I've tested with both e1000 and virtio network drivers on the FreeBSD guests but see the same issue on both.

Does anyone else on the list have or has tried FreeBSD as a guest that can confirm or not if they were able to run the guests without this issue?

Server hardware is an HP DL360 G5, we have two KVM servers and see the same issue on both.

Or any other ideas what might be the issue, what I could try, what other information would be useful to provide to the list??

thanks in advance, Andy.