Re: vfio problem

Alex Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-06-08 at 19:39 +0200, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
[...]
>> - What size should be used for ulimit -l?
>
> It should be about the size of memory assigned to the guest.

Ok, I'm using 256MB, this means, I should try to set ulimit -l to 256MB.
Nevertheless, I'm wondering that I don't get the same problem with root.
Obviously, the limit is ignored as root.

> Once we have libvirt support, all of this should be relatively
> transparent as that will take care of the limits setting. For now, it's
> a bit of a pain running it as a normal user.  If you come up with an
> easy way of doing it, please share.  Thanks,

Hmm, should work like this (I'm already running VM's this way, but
without changes to ulimit):

Define a new user and run libvirt with this user. For this user context,
ulimit can be set to, lets say, 256MB.
I'll try it.

Thanks for your explanations,
Andreas