Re: AMD KVM Pci Passthrough reports device busy

On Tue, 2012-06-05 at 22:07 -0500, Chris Sanders wrote:
> Alex,
>
> This solution appears to be working for me as well on a GA-970-D3.
>
> I've been able to pass the Hauppauge 350 through to a Windows XP guest
> which has installed drivers and loaded it into my recording software
> (SageTV).  I've got a few more things I want to clean up on my qemu
> start command but I'm very close to where I need to be now.
>
> Once I get a few more configurations finished I'll record some shows
> for a final test of functionality.
>
> Thank you for your time in assisting me, the vfio drivers are working
> exactly as expected so far.

Great, glad to hear it.  You can expect performance to get better once
we get this upstream.  Interrupts are currently getting bounced through
Qemu which adds overhead.  Eventually we'll accelerate them through KVM.
I'm still able to play static directly from the device using mplayer, so
it doesn't seem to get in the way.  Stay tuned for vfio upstream.
Thanks,

Alex