Re: UDP problem with virtio...

Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Erik Brakkee<erik@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I have done some more experiments and it does work when using a Centos 6.2
guest. Therefore, it is most likely a compatibility issues between the guest
and host virtio implementation.
I read somewhere there is some sort of compatibility mode for virtio but
could not find how to activate it. Is there a way to make these different
virtio host/guest implementations talk to each other?
They should be compatible.

I noticed in your domain XML the VM has two virtio-net interfaces.
Could that be affecting your mount success?

Did you collect a packet capture inside the guest?  (tcpdump -nli eth0
-s0 -w /tmp/dump.pcap)

It would be interesting to understand what the guest sees during the
failed and successful UDP NFS mounts.

Can you be more specific about the mount failure.  Is there an error
message?  Anything interesting in the guest's dmesg?

Did you collect a packet capture on the host?

Stefan

Hi all,

I sent a reply earlier but apparently not to this mailing list.
The problem went away after installing the latest software updates on the openSuSE 11.3 guest. I tried reproducing it from a backup of the VM running the older kernel but was unable to do this on a openSuSE 12.1 host. To reproduce it I would have had to use the centos 6.2 host but that would be quite a lot more work to do. So I am leaving the issue now as resolved. It was probably some earlier bug that was fixed.

Cheers
  Erik

--

Nonsense and other useful things: http://brakkee.org