RE: Private bridge configuration

> Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 08:33:33 -0400
> Subject: Private bridge configuration
> From: javi@xxxxxxxxxx
> To: kvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Good evening.
>
> I would like to set up below network scenario:
>
> Hypervisor
> eth0 192.168.1.x
> eth1 10.10.1.x
>
> Vm1
> eth0 10.10.1.x
>
> vm2
> eth0 10.10.1.x
>
> I think that I have to create a bridge on the hypervisor, then a TAP
> interface, and finally add both, TAP and eth0 to the bridge, then
> assign a 10.10.1.x IP to the TAP interface.
>
> Can somebody please help me?
>
> Many thanks
> --
Javi,
we're doing something similar.
I'm assuming you want private host comms separated from external networks?
This should be possible.
As far as we're concerned I didn't implement the details; but two taps may lead to conflicts and dropouts, so we used 'user' mode networking for one side to keep it separate and explicitly forwarded to the host.

I should look into user mode in the manual and have a good play to see what you can get.

Simon