Re: FW: Descriptions about KVM performance counters

There is some brief documentation on top of each trace entry definition
in the arch/x86/kvm/trace.h file, in the kernel source code.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=virt/kvm/kvm.git;a=blob;f=arch/x86/kvm/trace.h;h=911d2641f14c5cba355abc25e00f38f07ced1df9;hb=refs/heads/next-candidate

There is an exact mapping from tracepoints to kvm_stat. This can be
helpful (its for the old kvm_stat which did not use tracepoints,
though):

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Virtualization_Administration_Guide/ch22s02.html

For more detailed information, the source code.