Re: block device type supporting trim or scsi unmap ?

>>iscsi supports it too but it requires that your iscsi target supports
>>these opcodes, and that the filesystem/storage behind it supports it
>>too.
>>TGTD with EXT4 and a suitable storage device should do the trick.

I'm using a iscsi solaris target, with scsi UNMAP support.
Drives also support scsi unmap in raid (ocz talos hdd).
I'm using direct lun access from host to guest.

But my question was, which block device inside guests have trim or scsi unmap implemention ?

> I'm looking to implement a san storage with ssd drive.
>
> which block device type support trim or scsi unmap ?
>
> I think ide support it (but performance...)
>
> scsi ?
> virtio ?
> virtio-scsi ?

iscsi supports it too but it requires that your iscsi target supports
these opcodes, and that the filesystem/storage behind it supports it
too.
TGTD with EXT4 and a suitable storage device should do the trick.

> Regards,
>
> Alexandre Derumier
>
> --

	Alexandre D erumier
Ingénieur Système
Fixe : 03 20 68 88 90
Fax : 03 20 68 90 81
45 Bvd du Général Leclerc 59100 Roubaix - France
12 rue Marivaux 75002 Paris - France