I did not find this hint in the documentation though.
Really thanks again

Riccardo

On 3/30/12 11:58 PM, Andrew Cathrow wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Riccardo Veraldi"<Riccardo.Veraldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: kvm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 5:45:47 PM
Subject: live migration problems.

Hello,
I have problems with live migration.
I have several VMs in a CentOS 6.2 cluster environment.

When I migrate one virtual machine from nodeA to nodeB the migration
goes smoothly but
in the same time the VM is migrated an external ping cannot reach the
VM.
I ping the VM before migration and after the migration is done ping
stops to work.
This happens for some VM and does not happen for other VM.
Apparently the VM are configured the same way so I can't understand
why
this is happening.
If I migrate the VM back to the original physical node the ping start
working again like if the switch did not
realize the VM mac address changed switch port.
To make things work always I Should make a ping from the VM console
whatever host and
in this case the arp table is updated on the switch.
The strange thing as I said is that some VM seems to always work
after
migration while other
seems never to work untl they are migrated back to original cluster
node.
Any hints or suggestions ?
Make sure you have DELAY=0 set in the ifcfg file for the bridge on both hosts.

thank you very much

Rick