Re: VT-X Locking Bit Flip in Real Mode?

I guess a less convoluted way of stating my logic would have been:

"Maybe it's just protected mode keeping you from doing it."

And/or:

"You can do things in real mode that you can't do in protected mode. Maybe this is one of them."

And/or

"Can real mode even stop you, given the "protections" of protected mode aren't in place yet? Being the "opposite" of protected mode, does real mode even try and stop you from doing anything? Isn't that the point of real mode? Let you do anything to get the system going?"

Jake

Sent from my iPhone