Re: [RFC/PATCH 1/2] kvm tools, seabios: Add "--bios" option to "vm run"

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Pekka Enberg <penberg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Aah, I guess we need to implement proper support for QEMU BIOS config
> port ("0x510") because the dummy port is accidentally asking for a
> boot menu.
>
> If I disable boot menu support from SeaBIOS, I'm now seeing this PCI
> "out of address space" error which I suppose is what Ron and John were
> talking about earlier:

[snip, snip]

So looking at SeaBIOS code, it seems to me we could simply make LKVM
lie to it by claiming to be coreboot and get away with it, no? We'd
basically avoid all the PCI allocation passes and such.

How difficult is it to initialize a struct cb_header data structure?
src/coreboot.c::find_cb_header() seems to be rather strict but
certainly nothing that we fundamentally can't do.

Another option is to extend the Xen codepaths to support LKVM too.

                                Pekka