virtio_ioport_write unexpected address

Hi,

We're setting up some KVM systems with their disk image stored in a sparse raw file on an NFS4 server. The NFS4 filesystem is mounted with the hard option, which means that I/O to it is blocked indefinitely when the server goes down, and will be properly handled when the server returns.

We observed a server failure over the weekend, and when the server returned -- not when it went down -- our Windows 2008 R2 VMs hard rebooted, with this in the libvirt log:

virtio_ioport_write: unexpected address 0x13 value 0x1

virtio_ioport_write: unexpected address 0x13 value 0x1

The downtime had been about 30 minutes, and after the downtime, the NFS filesystem was responsive.

We were presenting drive C to Windows as IDE, and a data drive with virtio.

The host system is Debian squeeze x64, which is running the stock Debian 2.6.32 kernel and qemu-kvm 0.12.5. The Windows VMs have the latest virtio drivers from Fedora.

Thanks,

-- John