Regarding KVM

Hi,

I am new to KVM stuff and had very BASIC (might be lame even) doubts
regarding KVM.

As per the various diagrams I have gone through in internet my
understanding is KVM is an hypervisor on top of which all VMs run.

In case of FULL VIRTUALIZATION .. KVM will be directly running on top
of HARDWARE and VMs will be running on top of KVM .
In that case we dont need any support of other linux modules or subsystems ?

vm1 ... vmn
|   KVM      |
Hardware

Actually I am very much intrested in networking component of
virtualization. So does KVM provides any specific support for
networking in case of virtualization ?

Sorry if there is any developer guide for KVM will be more helpful for me.

Thanks,
Ajith