Can we debug KVM Guest Bootup in Real Mode ?

Hi,

I hope this question isn't a silly one ... :[

I want to know if we can debug the guest software running in KVM at boot-up in real mode ? Actually I want to debug the boot code of a given OS, where it starts booting in real mode and then switches to protected mode and jumps to the OS start routine.

I am asking this question specifically in the context of "kvm-tool". We can do similar thing in qemu-kvm using the 'gdb target remote' command. Do we have a similar functionality in kvm-tool as well. I have tried to use the '--debug-single-step' option, but the output is too much and I can't even redirect the output towards a file.

Thanks,
Hamayun