SMP Example using KVM only ?

Hello Everyone,

I am currently using kvm-85 (I know its pretty old ... :)) and it has an smptest example in "test/x86/". This example works for 1 cpu but doesn't work for more than one cpus. This issue has already been discussed on KVM Mailing list. And I 'think' this example has been removed from the later versions of KVM/QEMU-KVM code base.

I have also tested the latest qemu-kvm with multiple processors, it works, but the code base is quite large. What I am interested in is only using KVM for my platform, with smp support, and without QEMU.

Is there a simple example for testing KVM with SMP support ? or if someone could outline the changes required to make the "smptest" example work in kvm-85.

Many Thanks,
Mian Hamayun