Extreme time-drifts under windows server 2008 R2

Hi KVM-list,

I have sent an email with my problem allready a few hours ago (attached below, for reference).

After some additional examination of the system I figured out new facts that completely change my problem:

When I open up the date- and time-settings dialog in windows the time seems to be freezed! But after (gues what?) 11 seconds the next second is displayed! The system-clock seems to be at a tenth of the real-time-clock.
I have a time-drift of about 10 seconds per second on my windows server 2008 R2 guest.

I searched the web and found a command that should be entered as Administrator to eliminate the time-drift: bcdedit /set {default} USEPLATFORMCLOCK
But it hasn't changed the situation for me.
I have set "-localtime" as a kvm parameter, what else can I do? Someone got a similar problem before and solved it?

I'm not sure if it is related to the problem, but in the host-kernel I have:
Tickless System (Dynamic Ticks) ENABLED,
and
High Resolution Timer Support DISABLED

... for no specific reason. What are the correct settings here?

Thank you in advance!

Andreas Piening

-----

Dear KVM-List,

I have a really strange network-issue and I'm running out of ideas how to track this down.

I have two tap-devices on one bridge:

br0             8000.00e081c682e7       no              eth0
                                                       			   vm0
                                                       			   vm1

Each of them are connected to a virtual machine with virtio. The machines are both running MS Windows Server 2008 R2 and are configured equally from the kvm-perspective. I can transfer data over the network from a windows-share in both directions with over 40 MB/sec.

On one server, I have a noticeable latency over RDP. When I do a ping from this server, the first response comes immediately but there is a 11 seconds delay before the second ping is send on it's way!
I know this sounds crazy but I've installed wireshark to track this down and the response for every ping comes immediately but there are huge pauses (about 11 seconds) between the pings are sent out. The CPU utilization is nearly zero and the disk-io is fast (raid10, lvm, virtio).

Any help or ideas on that are appreciated,

Andreas Piening--