qcow2 eating up space when formattng Centos

Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the right behaviour but qcow2 image seems to
grow when Centos is only formatting the image. I mean it goes upto 30
Gig once evrything is formatted and installed and it is minimal Centos
install with no gui or apps just baseline.

OS = Centos5
Virtualization: KVM
Total Qcow2 Image Created = 1TB

Once Centos is installed the qcow2 image shows as around 30 Gig. I
have done several install and they were all less than 4 gig or even
lesser but this seems to not make sense

Can someone please explain what is going on?

thansks