Re: Intel VT-x VMCS doubt

Hi

I think you are right. I observed the following from code where a vcpu
gets created ( vmx_create_vcpu )

1) Allocate a new VPID ( the first zero bit from the vmx vpid bitmap )
2) Create an MMU ( can be softmmu or tdp )
3) Allocate a VMCS to this VCPU and set the current_vmcs of CPU in use
to this VMCS.
4) Set the TSS and GDT to this VMCS and load host state.

However, I am not sure when the CPU switches between host and guest
state ? I came across instructions VMRUN and VMRESUME while reading
which do a VM entry. I think guest state gets loaded when these
instructions are executed. Someone please clarify ?