Re: DMI BIOS String

Hello Derek,

On Tuesday 23 August 2011 06:30:13 Derek wrote:
> I found 'virsh edit' is the recommended way to make changes to a VM
> configuration, the XML file is not referenced at boot, it is only saved to
> with 'virsh dumpxml'.  'virsh edit' will update both areas - hypervisor and
> XML file.
>
> Unfortunately the changes I make for smbios and sysinfo (as below) while
> editing don't appear to be accepted when saving with 'virsh edit'.  I
> wonder if they are perhaps not supported with virsh edit yet?

If your domain is running, you get the config from the CURRENTLY RUNNING kvm
process, but it is saved for the NEXT start. Just shutdown your current
domain and restart it; rebooting from inside the domain (Ctrl-Alt-Del) is not
enough, since a new kvm process needs to be forked.

> Does anyone have experience with this, or an idea on why I would receive
> 'bad file descriptor' errors using the kvm command manually.

Perhaps you should switch over to the libvirt-ML.

Sincerely
Philipp Hahn
--
Philipp Hahn           Open Source Software Engineer      hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Univention GmbH        Linux for Your Business        fon: +49 421 22 232- 0