Re: [RFC v5 00/86] Memory API

On 07/21/2011 05:34 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
On 2011-07-21 16:31, Avi Kivity wrote:

>>>   What do you mean?  There is a known issue with kvm here, this is a just
>>>   workaround.
>>
>>  Then the logic indeed belongs to kvm-all.c, not memory.c.
>>

>  Does kvm-all.c have all the information?

If should as it keeps a record of the active slots with the logging
flag. So, if a slot with logging on is changed, the dirty bits should be
set.

Ok. We'd need to teach it about the memory API as well - there is no longer a global ram_addr_t that can be used. But that's not too hard.

>  btw, where do you see the issue?  which guest?
>
>  Somehow you see a lot more problems than I do.

Stock OpenSUSE 11.4 with grub2 in graphical mode, -vga cirrus.

Ah, I use regular grub.  Will try g2.