Re: Does anyone successfully use USB drive in Windows7 guest?

Does anyone successfully use USB drive in Windows7 guest? If I pass a
USB drive to Windows7 guest, Device Manager may find this device but
the USB mass storage driver can't be installed successfully. I have
tried many times. Is the emulated USB controller is so old and
Windows7 doesn't support it? I can't use PCI passthrough feature to
pass the whole USB controller to VM, because the hypervisor also needs
to use some USB ports.

If I use Windows XP or Linux, the USB drive can work well.

I think it's because qemu/kvm does not support USB 2.0.

http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/0.15

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org