Re: collect some information when qemu-kvm exit

On 2011-06-23 15:56, lidong chen wrote:
>>> is it safe to register another signal handler?
>>> if somebody know the reason, please tell me.
>>>
>>> and is it worth to do this?
>>
> because the core dump file is too big, and the time of core dump is too long.
> I do a test, for a guest which have 9.7G memory, the coredump file is
> 9.7G, and the time of core dump is 1 minute.
>
> for the compute node in my system, there are a lot of  cpu and memory
> resource, but no disk.
>

> total 4.5G
> -rw------- 1 root root 9.7G Jun 23 21:31 core-qemu-kvm-24090-1308835893
> -rw------- 1 root root 3.9G Jun 23 21:34 core-qemu-kvm-24098-1308835996

ulimit -c allows you to restrict the core file size so that it fits on
your ram disk. That will at least collect enough information to do a
proper post-mortem backtrace in gdb, including register states. It also
allows to inspect variables on the stacks and the heap. No need to add a
singe line or code to qemu for this.

Jan