Disconnected broadcast domains

Hello, Please help!
I am using KVM and virt-manager as shipped with CentOS 5.6. I need to
deploy a particular topology and find what I think some strange
behaviour. Please clarify where am I wrong:

- I want to simulate two virtual switches to connect my VMs to. I have
defined a second virtual network, called 'exterior' to this end. As I
am only interested in this network as a different broadcast domain, I
plan not to use a different IP name space here (is this a problem for
KVM?)
- All my VMs are CentOS 5.6 guests
- Guests A and B are on 'default' network.
- Guest C is on a second, disconnected, 'exterior' virtual network.
- Guest D has an interface on each one, default and exterior,
networks. These are bridged by the guest OS.
- While C belongs into a second network (which has received a
different IP subnet as per virt-manager configuration), I have
manually configured C's network interface to be in A's and B's (and
D's) IP subnet.
- Host's point of presence on default virtual network is labeled 192.168.122.1
- A, B and bridge D can ping the host's physical interface and they
can access the rest of Internet using 192.168.122.1 as their default
gateway.
- C can ping the D bridge, and also can ping A and B through the bridge.
- However, not so with 192.168.122.1. C cannot access Internet either,
although 192.168.122.1 is its default gateway.

Is this expected?  What am I missing?
If this is the proper way for KVM to work, is there a full explanation
for this somewhere I am not aware of? Can I make C to reach Internet
while being connected to the default network only through the bridge?
Thank you in advance!

--
Eduardo Grosclaude
Universidad Nacional del Comahue