Re: performance of virtual functions compared to virtio

On 04/25/2011 08:46 PM, David Ahern wrote:

>  Note I think in both cases we can make significant improvements:
>  - for VFs, steer device interrupts to the cpus which run the vcpus that
>  will receive the interrupts eventually (ISTR some work about this, but
>  not sure)

I don't understand your point here. I thought interrupts for the VF were
only delivered to the guest, not the host.

Interrupts are delivered to the host, which the forwards them to the guest. Virtualization hardware on x86 does not allow direct-to-guest interrupt delivery.