Re: Administration panel for KVM

On 09.04.2011 23:14:28, Udo Lembke wrote:

>> With a group of college buddies, we are evaluating the possibility of
>> initiating a project to develop a management panel of KVM virtual
>> machines. The idea is to do something similar to OpenXenManager but
>> for KVM.
>>
>> All opinions and recommendations are welcome as well as on how to
>> connect the application with the VMHost.

> Hi,

Hi Udo.

> do you know proxmox-ve? With this solution you can administrate kvm and
> openvz vms.
>
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Main_Page
>
> fast and friendly forum:
> http://forum.proxmox.com/forums/12-Proxmox-VE-Installation-and-configuration
>
> Nice tool - i used it in production since more than two years and the
> upcomming version 2 will bring a lot of new functions (user-management,
> ha, ...).
>
> Perhaps you don't need to build such system new... If your project are
> better, let me know ;-)

I was reading something about Proxmox but I get the feeling that this is
a package to install on the VMHost from scratch and the idea to develop
this application is to use an already prepared VMHost (with Debian
Squeeze with KVM) so that security updates are independently handled. In
addition, the management application does not necessarily have to
install in the same VMHost.

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Daniel
--
Daniel Bareiro - GNU/Linux registered user #188.598
Proudly running Debian GNU/Linux with uptime: