Re: Virtual SCSI disks hangs on heavy IO

Am Wednesday 16 March 2011 schrieb Stefan Hajnoczi:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Guido Winkelmann
>
> <guido-kvml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Am Tuesday 15 March 2011 schrieben Sie:

> >> The LSI SCSI emulation in particular has not seen much attention.  As
> >> for the wider SCSI emulation there has been work over the past few
> >> months so it's alive and being used.
> >
> > Well, I cannot find any other HBAs than LSI when I run "qemu -device ?" -
> > or at least nothing I would recognize as a SCSI HBA. As far as I can
> > see, that pretty much means I cannot use SCSI disks in KVM at all,
> > unless I'm prepared to live with the problems described earlier...
>
> The LSI controller is the only available PCI SCSI HBA.  Are you able
> to try the patch I linked?
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/63926/

I haven't tried the patch yet. At work, it was decided that we are not going to
use a manually patch version of qemu-kvm unless absolutely necessary, and at
home, I'm unlikely to ever want to virtualize an OS without virtio-drivers.

I can still try the patch on my home machine, if you want me to.

        Guido