Keyboard types gibberish on client

I have a Win7 machine running as a client under a Debian Host.

Its working fine, aprt from the keyboard will not work in the client.
Well, it does it just types gibberish. They keys do not represent the
characters. For instance, the phrase "My keyboard does not work" comes
back as seemingly random characters.

Any one seen this before? Any ideas to stop this?

I've removed the first install as I thought it might be  bad windows
install, but it still does it on a second install.

I'm running x64 Debian, kvm installed by apt-get and a x64 win7 client.