Re: USB EHCI patch for 0.14.0?

Markus Armbruster wrote:
Erik Rull<erik.rull@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  writes:

Markus Armbruster wrote:
erik.rull@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

- using -device usb-host causes windows not to boot completely, using
-usbdevice host:auto:*.* is fine!

- using -usbdevice tablet is better than using -device usb-tablet

Better inhowfar?

[...]

It seems to work fine, the other option caused either windows not to
boot fully or the auto grabbing itself doesn't seem to work or the
mouse just didn't move. I experienced all of the three, but I haven't
noted down in which combinations - sorry.

Please provide recipes to reproduce the bugs.

- take Windows XP 32 bit SP3 as Guest
- apply the ehci patch to qemu-kvm-0.14.0 (David posted it here some days ago)
boot the guest using the command line args:
-usb -device usb-host
(I also tried the proposal where the additonal usb-host options are all set to 0, same result) Windows starts but hangs before the GUI comes up (I boot without logo, so the white bar that comes up when booting stays for > 20 minutes (I aborted afterwards)), the CPU usage on a Core2Duo system goes to ~10-14%.

If I use instead
-usb -usbdevice host:auto:*.*
everything is fine!

Best regards,