Re: KVM call minutes for Mar 8

On 2011-03-08 16:50, Chris Wright wrote:
> iothread merge?
> - progressing slowly, marcelo working on it
> - have found regressions (signal handling code) (ifdef'd away for now)

The regressions will automagically go away (to be replaced with others
then...) when the switch of qemu-kvm to upstream bits is performed. They
were related to qemu-kvm implementing iothread on top of non-threaded
qemu and /me not looking careful enough on the implications.

How this switch may look like can be seen here (slightly outdated version):

http://git.kiszka.org/?p=qemu-kvm.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/queues/qemu-kvm-merge
git://git.kiszka.org/qemu-kvm.git queues/qemu-kvm-merge

Part V of KVM upstream patches is under review ATM. I can post v2 if no
one has further remarks. Then we could start with the review/merge work
on qemu-kvm.

The next time upstream will be involved again would be when preparing
its device models and adding "-machine xxx,kvm-irqchip=..." for
in-kernel irqchip support. That's more work, but it should not affect
the execution model anymore.

Jan