Re: PCI Passthrough, error: The driver 'pci-stub' is occupying your device 0000:08:06.2

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Daniel P. Berrange <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 04:34:01PM +0000, James Neave wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to pass a NOVA-T-500 TV Tuner card through to a gust VM.
>> I'm getting the error "The driver 'pci-stub' is occupying your device
>> 0000:08:06.2"
>
> This is a rather misleading error message. It is *expected* that
> pci-stub will occupy the device. Unfortunately the rest of the
> error messages QEMU is printing aren't much help either, but
> ultimately something is returning -EBUSY in the PCI device assign
> step
>
> Regards,
> Daniel

That's what I figured, but sadly I'm just a "user". Paucity of google
results suggests that this problem is new and unknown/unfixed.
I had a quick stab at this with Xen last night, but it seems Ubuntu
and Xen are no longer friends.
The only thing left I can think to try is to check out the latest code
and try that.
Is it "normal" with qemu-kvm? Do I just get the code with git, faf
around with dependencies and then ./configure, make and make install?

Regards,

James.