Re: USB Scanner

On 01/03/11 16:35, Erik Rull wrote:
> David Ahern wrote:
>>

>> The attached work for me with an Epson CX7800. I was able to print and
>> scan with Vista; driver setup for XP was more of a pain - I only got the
>> printer setup working.
>>
>> It's the EHCI code from
>>
>> git://git.kiszka.org/qemu.git ehci
>>
>> with http://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel@xxxxxxxxxx/msg38795.html and
>> a couple of local additions. Applies cleanly to qemu-kvm.git as of today
>> (b724fa4bb46b82c54b5f0a2cf9177194020433efO).
>>
>> EHCI is not ready for prime time, but works for use cases like this one.
>>
>> David
>>

> Hi David,
>
> thanks for the patch.
> Have you tested USB transfer rates using a USB Memory Stick or something
> similar? If yes, which transfer rates have you reached?

USB keys (storage devices) were the primary target I used for testing.
In fact, with EHCI I can run a linux guest from a USB key just fine -
something I just verified again:

   qemu-kvm -usbdevice host:${USBDEV}

where USBDEV is the vendor:product id from lsusb. Add other args to
install from a CD/DVD to the USB key. If your mileage varies first and
foremost make sure the VM is using kvm -- speed is horrible with qemu/tcg.

David