Re: Certain Mac Address doesn't work in KVM virtual NICs.

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Yueyu Lin <yueyu.lin81@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks a lot. I got the point and I got the exact warning in the virtual machine indeed.
>
> Besides the least significant bit should be 0 for the first byte,  should I set the second least significant bit to 1 to enforce it as local administrated instead of OUI enforced?

Anytime you change the MAC address of a physical or virtual device
away from the (hopefully) globally unique address in the factory
settings
it is a good idea to set the locally administrated bit as well.
It makes it easier when analyzing network traces to see what are from
physical and what are from virtual devices.

So I say yes, set that bit.

regards
ronnie sahlberg