Re: windows vista enterpise in KVM and multi-core....

On Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 20:27:00, Erik Brakkee wrote:

> Is there a way in which I can pass the 8 virtual CPUs to the vista image
> in such a way that they appear as one CPU with 8 cores?

>From the man page:

-smp n[,cores=cores][,threads=threads][,sockets=sockets][,maxcpus=maxcpus]
    Simulate an SMP system with n CPUs. On the PC target, up to 255
    CPUs are supported. On Sparc32 target, Linux limits the number of
    usable CPUs to 4. For the PC target, the number of cores per
    socket, the number of threads per cores and the total number of
    sockets can be specified. Missing values will be computed. If any
    on the three values is given, the total number of CPUs n can be
    omitted. maxcpus specifies the maximum number of hotpluggable
    CPUs.

Basically, you want something like -smp 8,cores=8

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

The more ridiculous a belief system, the higher the probability of its success.
       -- Bartz's Law of Hokey Horsepuckery