Transcendent Memory and KVM

At the 2010 Linux Plumber's Conference Virtualization Mini-Conference earlier
this month, I did a presentation about physical memory utilization and
Transcendent Memory ("tmem").  I mentioned that I am developing an in-kernel
version of tmem that might be suitable, with small modifications, for use
with KVM.  I plan to post a working first draft of that code to linux-mm
in the next few days.

Although tmem was originally designed for Xen, some of the ideas that
have evolved from tmem have broader application and may make an
interesting project for someone working in the KVM area interested
in memory management.

While I personally am not able to do KVM development, I would be willing
to assist and answer questions if someone else is interested in trying
to plug my in-kernel tmem code together to work with KVM.

Thanks,
Dan Magenheimer

P.S. I don't subscribe to this list, so please cc me on any replies
or discussion.