Bounty offered to add Cloud Storage Mount option to a VM using Scality Droplet

Hi,

First of all, if this is not the correct list to send this kind of information to, please forgive me and i'd be very appreciative if you could let me know the one i should post this on.

I'm with Scality, developer of an object-based storage software platform, called Scality RING. A month ago, at SNIA's Software Developer Conference, we announced our Open-Source program, SCOP, the immediate release of our first open-source library, Scality Droplet, and the launch of a bounty program offering contributing developers grants from a $100,000 fund. More information on http://scop.scality.com/

One of the bounties we have designed concerns adding the option to mount an object storage system on a VM. The bounty for this is of $10,000.

The goal is to provide a VM running in KVM with the ability to mount an object storage system from a public cloud (like Amazon S3 or the many others popping up around the globe) or a private, on-premise object-based storage using Scality Droplet library.
A virtual machine is usually setup with virtual network interfaces, cpu and memory. A number of virtual disks can be configured, and with this extension, a new type of such virtual disks is available, cloud based storage. A mix of regular local storage and cloud based storage is possible. For example, a vm with a root partition on local disks and a /mnt partition on the cloud with a 20GB maximum local cache.

For more information on the bounty, please have a look at http://bit.ly/aF4WOw
You can register for the bounty on the site as well at this address: http://bit.ly/9ZNxTk

Read the original Annoucement at http://bit.ly/bkNcbH

-Marc Villemade