Re: Problem booting Microsoft Windows KVM virtual machine

Il giorno Gio 04 Nov 2010 14:04:59 CET, Martin Maurer ha scritto:
Hi,
Before you begin, prepare the running w2k to use ide disk (and boot on KVM with ide disks)
For w2k I followed this link (solution 2 worked for me): http://www.motherboard.windowsreinstall.com/problems.htm
And I am using clonezilla live cd´s to do cloning jobs, for me this is a fast and convenient way.
Also, take a look on our http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Migration_of_servers_to_Proxmox_VE, including some hints for several sceanrios.
Br, Martin

Hi Martin,
I can finally confirm that the solution 2 of the link you gave me worked for me too! I followed those indications before creating a vmdk with vmware converter, then I converted the vmdk in a raw image with "qemu-img convert" and finally doing a dd in the drbd device done the trick!

Still remains the fact that doing P2V with Win2k is some kind of wild horse (for example if you use the vmvga video driver it freezes), but you give me a big hand. So thank you very much!

--
Raoul Scarazzini
Mia Mamma Usa Linux: Niente è impossibile da capire, se lo spieghi bene!