RE: Unable to start VM using COWed image

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Prasad Joshi
<P.G.Joshi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Where can I get the code of the qemu-kvm program?
> I cloned the qemu-lvm git repository and compiled the code. But it looks like qemu-kvm program is not part of this code.--

> qemu-kvm.git contains the qemu-kvm codebase but the binary is built in
> x86_64-softmmu/qemu-system-x86_64.  Distro packages typically rename
> it to qemu-kvm.

Thanks Stefan for your reply.

I guess you pointed out the problem in the first mail. QEMU places a restriction on location of the COWed file. The source image and COWed image should be in the same drectory.

In my case the source image was in directory /var/lib/libvirt/images/ and the COWed image was in /home/prasad/Virtual directory.
While debuging the source code using gdb I realized this limitation. It would be good to fix this problem. I will see if I can solve this problem.

One more question on the same lines,
How does QEMU detect the file is COWed and the name of the file (not whole path) from it is COWed?

Once again thank a lot Stefan and Kegin