Re: KVM, windows 2000 and qcow2

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 8:06 PM, RaSca <rasca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Today i saw this page:
>
> http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Guest_Support_Status
>
> in which is explained how is better to run win2k on qcow2 images.

The page does not state that it is better to run Windows 2000 on
qcow2, it's probably just that the tester decided to use qcow2 on his
machine and noted his configuration.

Raw should work just like qcow2 does and you can expect better
performance with raw.  Although qcow2 does run on raw devices like
drbd or lvm logical volumes, I suspect you'll see the same issue
you're getting now.

It's worth figuring out why your current configuration freezes.  I am
interested in the same questions Jernej asked about the freeze: is the
guest crashing with a BSOD or is the KVM process consuming all CPU?

Stefan