Re: Using 1920x1080 resolution with kvm

2010/10/10 Aniruddha <mailingdotlist@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I would like to use a resolution 1920x1080 for my Windows XP Guest.

Leave KVM at the default resolution (eg. don't specify any
resolution), activate remote desktop in Windows XP and connect with
rdesktop or some other RDP client to the guest.

The RDP protocol will give you the resolution you request and will
also be much more responsive/faster than if you do VNC to a KVM guest
running at some high native resolution. VNC to a Windows guest should
only be needed for installing Windows and for debugging when Windows
doesn't boot.

Best regards
Kenni