Re: KVM with hugepages generate huge load with two guests

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Well, although there is plenty of RAM left (about
100MB), some swap space was used during the operation:

Mem:   8193472k total,  8089788k used,   103684k free,     5768k buffers
Swap: 11716412k total,    36636k used, 11679776k free,   103112k cached

I am not sure why, though. Are you saying that there are bursts of
memory usage that push some pages to swap and they are not unswapped
although used? I will try to replicate the problem now and send you
some better printout from the moment the problem happens. I have not
noticed anything unusual when I was watching the system - there was
plenty of RAM free and a few megabytes in swap... Is there any kind of
check I can try during the problem occurring? Or should I free
50-100MB from hugepages and the system shall be stable again?

Thanks,
Dmitry