Re: [Autotest] [KVM-AUTOTEST] Patch to install cygwin and run autotest in windows

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 15:01 +0530, yogi wrote:
> Hello Lucas,
>
> I like to submit patch to do unattended install of cygwin and run
> autotest test case on Windows guests using cygwin.
> Cygwin enable running some of test like stress, lmbench, bonnie,
> compilebench and netperf directly under windows, but most of the tests
> need to be patched before they could run on Windows. So this patch
> introduces a new parameter 'test_patch_file' in tests_config  to
> indicate the patch file. Two new files are added related to patching
> autotest, 'autotest.patch' which is like base patch for autotest, needed
> to run autotest in windows and 'iozone.patch' which to used run iozone
> on windows. Similar patches could be developed for test cases like
> 'dacapo'  and sysbench which would enable running tests related to java
> and  mysql/postgresql, i will be happy to write patches for them too.

Hi Yogi,

The idea is very interesting! However, your mail client chewed the
patch, you apparently pasted the diffs generated by git format-patch
into your mail client window, not an optimal way to do things.

Please refer to http://autotest.kernel.org/wiki/GitWorkflow for a quick
guide on how to configure git to use git send-email, so your patches
will be perfectly mailed to the mailing list.

Your patches touch some core infrastructure of autotest, I'll have to
review the strategy used very carefully, so please be patient.

Thanks for your contribution,

Lucas