Hot resizing of partitions on HVM

Hi all!

Is it possible to resize the partition of a KVM virtual machine without
it is down?

With Xen PV virtual machines, I get this by umounting the filesystem on
the VM, detaching the device and then resizing the logical volume and
file system in the VMHost. Finally, I attach the device and mount the
filesystem on virtual machine. All this without the VM is down.

The procedure that I am using at the moment to resizing a partition in a
KVM virtual machine is the following one:

* Shutdown the VM.
* Resize the logical volume which is the partition to resize.
* Boot a KVM VM with PartedMagic [1] and to extend the partition until
  it has the wished size using GParted.
* Shutdown the KVM VM with PartedMagic.
* Boot the VM with the new partition size.

There is some more efficient way to do it?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Regards,
Daniel

[1] http://partedmagic.com/
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37