Re: Fwd: KVM and cpu limiting

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Srivatsa Vaddagiri <vatsa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Is it possible to limit cpu usage be VM when using qemu+kvm?
>
> Have you checked cpu controller?
It is very interesting. Looks like it is something, that I need.
So, limiting qemu process will limit cpu usage for the container?
I think, i will be able to configure it to provide guaranted cpu to
containers in that way.

But what happens with the VM when qemu process is paused by the
scheduler? Will this time be counted as idle time for VM's cpu, or it
will be added to the state, which was used when qemu process was
paused?

> Why do you want to modify /proc/cpuinfo of VMs?
Just for information about the limits for the VMs' owners.

--
Boris Dolgov.